We value your privacy
The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology ("NAIT") is committed to ensuring the personal privacy of faculty, staff, students, and customers visiting our website. The following information discloses our practices regarding:
- Collecting data, including what type of information is gathered and tracked
- Why this information is being collected, and how this information is used
Information collected by NAIT
A web traffic analysis tool is used by NAIT in order to collect information from visits to our website. The data we attain by using this software helps us understand the traffic patterns and types of technology our visitors use. Statistics are generated from this content so that we can personalize and continually improve your online experience.
The information we collect helps us identify the following:
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you access the NAIT website
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the site
- The pages that were visited
- The date and time the site was accessed
- Average time spent on the site
- Popular search phrases
Use of information
All personal information that is collected is managed in accordance with the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected; the purpose for which it is being collected, and that you have a right to access the collected information.
NAIT will not reveal any personal information that users provide to any third party without the users' permission. Access to personal information is restricted to those NAIT employees who require this information in order to provide requested products or services. Upon request, NAIT will remove users (and their information) from our database or permit them to "opt-out" of any further email newsletters or contact.
- To monitor usage and improve the performance of the website
- To help websites remember who you are, and what other websites you have visited recently to offer personalized content
- To enable browsers to save authentication details and/or preferences for you so that you will not have to re-enter them the next time you visit the website
NAIT uses various analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to measure traffic patterns to, from, and within the website. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website is transmitted to various analytics service providers’ servers both inside and outside Canada. NAIT uses the statistical reports generated by analytics services to continually improve our web presence and help make our website more useful for visitors.
Content Personalization and Remarketing
NAIT’s data protection and retention policy
NAIT keeps your Personal Information for as long as needed to fulfill the particular purpose for which it was collected. We may also retain your records if legally required or to fulfill a legitimate interest.
Transactions where information enters a system of records
Where personal information is provided that enters a system of records, it is collected in compliance with section 33 (c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. NAIT collects, creates and maintains information for the purposes of admission, registration and other activities directly related to its educational programming. Information collected is only kept for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.