International Peer Mentors
The peer mentor is a student team leader who welcomes and assists international students with their academic and personal adjustment to life in Edmonton and at NAIT. Mentors provide leadership and support to all international and newcomer students. Mentors coordinate events and serve as leaders for new incoming students while they transition to life at NAIT.
Peer mentor responsibilities include:
- greeting and assisting international students upon their arrival to Canada
- running activities developed for International and Newcomer Student Orientation days
- working as a team to plan and lead on-campus and off-campus activities for the International Centre
- actively participating in social media interactions with international students
- helping international students adjust to life at NAIT
- informing the International Centre staff of major activities, inquiries and emerging international students' needs
Meet with a peer mentor
Are you new student at NAIT? You don’t know anyone yet? Would like to make friends or simply meet with one of your peers who was once a new student? Then you might want to meet with a Peer Mentor. Our peer mentors look forward to welcoming and guiding you on your new journey as an international student at NAIT. For more information contact us.
Apply to be a mentor
If you are interested in becoming a Peer Mentor hiring begins in March. To apply for the International Peer Mentor position, follow the following steps: Login to MyNAIT Portal > Student Services > Job Search > Start Search/Create Account > Search for "International Peer Mentor".