Course registration will be unavailable on Saturday, December 14 between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM MST for a scheduled system upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The location where your NAIT courses will be held.
The type of certification (degree, diploma, certificate) you will earn after completing your program.
- Degree - NAIT offers a number of business degrees and applied science and technology degrees accredited by Alberta Advanced Education.
Applied degree programs offer a stronger emphasis on practical applications of the concepts learned in the classroom
- Diplomas & Certificates - These credit programs take 1 or 2 years and lead to government approved and industry-recognized credentials.
- Journeyman Certificate - Hands-on and expert-led apprenticeship and industry training for skilled trades and technology professionals.
- Continuing Education/Non-Credit - NAIT offers a wide range of non-credit programs and courses for personal and professional development in a number of interesting and exciting fields. These options are great for people who may be working but are interested in studying as well.
The flexible schedule options for this course including time of day and full/part-time.
- Day - Courses taking place between Monday - Friday, before 5 PM.
- Evening/Weekend - Courses taking place on weekdays from 5 PM or later, or Saturdays and Sundays.
- Online - Sometimes called "Home Study" or "Computer-Based Learning"
- Blended - A combination of online and in-class components.
- Distance - Traditional correspondence format. These courses work best if you can't get to a campus or if your schedule can't accommodate fixed class times
Become the gatekeeper of your organization's knowledge
A Database Administrator's role includes designing, implementing, and maintaining a database environment. In this program you will become familiar with this role by:
- Investigating strategies to install, configure, and troubleshoot databases, and ensure data is secure from unauthorized access
- Discovering how to manage a relational database management system (RDBMS) and exploring the conceptual, logical, and physical phases of data modeling
A Database Administrator Certificate will be awarded upon completion of the program's 7 courses.
A Database Administrator Certificate will be awarded upon completion of the program’s 7 courses.
Learn more about the role of a Database Administrator on ALIS.
Related Programs & Courses