Course registration will be unavailable on Saturday, December 14 between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM MST for a scheduled system upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The location where your NAIT courses will be held.
The type of certification (degree, diploma, certificate) you will earn after completing your program.
- Degree - NAIT offers a number of business degrees and applied science and technology degrees accredited by Alberta Advanced Education.
Applied degree programs offer a stronger emphasis on practical applications of the concepts learned in the classroom
- Diplomas & Certificates - These credit programs take 1 or 2 years and lead to government approved and industry-recognized credentials.
- Journeyman Certificate - Hands-on and expert-led apprenticeship and industry training for skilled trades and technology professionals.
- Continuing Education/Non-Credit - NAIT offers a wide range of non-credit programs and courses for personal and professional development in a number of interesting and exciting fields. These options are great for people who may be working but are interested in studying as well.
The flexible schedule options for this course including time of day and full/part-time.
- Day - Courses taking place between Monday - Friday, before 5 PM.
- Evening/Weekend - Courses taking place on weekdays from 5 PM or later, or Saturdays and Sundays.
- Online - Sometimes called "Home Study" or "Computer-Based Learning"
- Blended - A combination of online and in-class components.
- Distance - Traditional correspondence format. These courses work best if you can't get to a campus or if your schedule can't accommodate fixed class times
The world's most accomplished chefs all have one thing in common: they have mastered the basics. They know how to care for their knives, identify flavours, expose the qualities of vegetables, select choice cuts of meat, prepare essential sauces and plate everything with exquisite attention to detail.
NAIT's Kitchen Skills cooking courses will help you develop essential cooking techniques and habits so that you can try cooking like a pro. Take advantage of our fully equipped professional kitchen facility and experienced team of instructors who will help you develop your skills, gain expertise and cook with confidence. Knives, equipment and food are provided for classroom use.
Classes include lectures, demonstrations and hands-on applications to make sure you get both theoretical grounding and practical experience. Afterwards, you will be able to take your new skills home or put them to work creating amazing dishes for your restaurant.
Strap on your apron and let's get cooking!
To be awarded the Culinary Kitchen Skills Certificate, you must complete all five courses in the Kitchen Skills series:
- CULG210 – The Art of Garde Manger and Knife Skills
- CULG220 – Flavour Recognition, Stocks and Soups
- CULG230 – Sauces
- CULG240 – Vegetable Preparation and Cooking
- CULG250 – Preparing and Cooking Meat, Poultry and Fish
Please note that CULG210 (Kitchen Skills I) and CULG220 (Kitchen Skills II) are prerequisites for the other Kitchen Skills courses.
Related Programs & Courses