Published on October 13, 2020
EDMONTON – For the first time ever, prospective students wanting to learn more about NAIT programs will be able to attend its annual Open House without leaving the comfort of their own homes.
To limit on-campus activity and adhere to the province’s gathering size and physical distancing guidelines, the traditionally in-person event will be held virtually on October 16 and 17. It will be an interactive experience open to anyone with a smartphone or desktop, all around the world.
With more than 20 virtual booths, virtual presentations, chat rooms with NAIT experts, and a self-guided virtual campus tour, prospective students will have plenty of opportunities to learn about the technology-based learning environment that gives NAIT students an advantage. It’s all free for those who register.
WHAT: NAIT Virtual Open House
WHEN: Friday, October 16 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Saturday, October 17 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Programs from all 4 schools will be represented, including the School of Skilled Trades, School of Health and Life Sciences, School of Applied Science and Technology, JR Shaw School of Business.
- Services such as Admissions, Student Awards & Financial Aid and other student supports will be available.
- Each booth will have experts on hand for virtual chats and voice and video calls.
- Presentations include 1 aimed for international students and 1 conducted entirely in Spanish.
- Many of the programs have also created videos and program resources that prospective students can save in a virtual “swag bag” and access for 30 days after the event.
- Live tech support will be available to attendees on both Friday and Saturday through the open house platform.
“Making decisions about their education is a big moment in everyone’s life. By taking advantage of the unique perks that come with virtual Open House, prospective students will be able to arm themselves with the information needed to understand how NAIT can help them reach their education and career goals.” – Angela Finlayson, NAIT Student Recruitment Manager
The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) is a leading Canadian polytechnic, delivering education in science, technology and the environment; business; health and trades. With nearly 40,000 credit and non-credit students and a 95 per cent employer satisfaction rate, NAIT grads are essential to the provincial economy. NAIT also contributes to Alberta’s prosperity by helping business and industry become more competitive with Industry Solutions offered through its Productivity and Innovation Centre, including technology adoption, business and product innovation and industry-driven research. Recognized as one of Alberta’s top employers, NAIT provides outstanding returns on investment for its graduates, partners, the provincial government and the people of Alberta.
NAIT Media Relations
C 780.916.8307 E firstname.lastname@example.org