Receive a LOA to the student's email inbox
- 24 hours after the application is completed online, the student will receive their LOA
- Students can view their LOA’s by logging into their MyNAIT Portal > Self Service > E-Letters
- Students will need the LOA (proof of acceptance) to apply for a study permit
- Apply for a student permit: If a student receives a letter of acceptance (LOA) and there is not enough time to process a study permit and arrive in Canada to begin their classes on time (late attendance is not permitted), they can defer their admission. They must apply to defer one month prior to the start date of the semester.
- Online study permit application video guides
- To defer ESL studies: NAIT can defer an ESL student three times, so they will receive four total offers of admission (LOAs). Students can count their LOA’s by logging into their MyNAIT Portal >Self Service > E-Letters. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the deferral deadline noted on the LOA (usually one month prior to the start date of the semester).
- For deferred students: Upload a new Confirmation of a Recruited Student Form with a new term for any deferred students. We will only provide commission if the term matches and if it’s uploaded within 15 business days of the deferral request. Deferrals can be made for two (3) consecutive semesters only, for a total of four different LOAs's.
- To cancel an application: Review the refund policy and process. A $1000 refund will only be provided if refund is requested one month before the start date and a study permit denial letter is provided.
- To apply for a refund: Download and complete the Request for a Refund form (pdf) and email it to email@example.com before the refund deadline (one month before the start date). Attach the study permit rejection letter.
- To print a receipt: Open the MyNAIT Portal. Click on My Account > Fees & Payments > Receipts & Payment History.
Receive a study permit from immigration Canada. Scan the study permit and upload it to the MyNAIT Portal.
Book your flight to Edmonton and arrange housing.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the placement test on NAIT Campus in Edmonton.
Take ONLINE placement test - students can book on the MyNAIT portal. My Academics > My Schedule and Enrolment.
Check the MyNAIT portal for test results.
Enroll in classes on the MyNAIT Portal. Click on My Academics > My Online Enrolment.
Pay full tuition in-person or online through the MyNAIT Portal. Click on My Account > Fees & Payments.
Attend classes on time . Late arrivals are not permitted.