Some NAIT programs may include an interview as part of the application process in addition to evaluating a student’s academic qualifications. For these programs, final selection for admittance is based strictly on interview scores. Review your program page to see if the interview process is a part of the application.
Programs that require an admissions interview include:
How to get an interview
- Apply early as these programs are in high-demand and can fill quickly – be sure to know the application deadlines listed your program’s page.
Monitor your application status and to-do list on your MyNAIT portal as you may be required to provide additional documentation by the posted deadline to avoid being cancelled (eg. progress report or proof of enrolment).
Only those applicants deemed as competitive are shortlisted for interviews. To learn more about a program’s competitive academic average or other interview selection considerations, view the competitive entrance requirements listed on your program’s page.
Your application status in MyNAIT will change to Pending Program Decision while the program reviews your application to determine if you’re selected to complete an interview. If selected, this status will remain until your program completes the round of interviews, at which point your application status will be updated.
- For programs with a fall start, early interviews for shortlisted applicants will begin in January. Some programs may have multiple rounds of interviews. Timelines for winter intakes are still being determined.
- Those selected for an interview are contacted via email with instructions on how to complete the interview. Please continue to monitor your email folders as this invitation includes time-sensitive information.
If you're an Aboriginal applicant (domestic), please refer to the Aboriginal Admissions Pathway for details on the personal story requirement instead of a program interview.
Preparing for your interview
Our NAIT advisors offer Health Program Interview Workshops to help applicants and prospective students of healthcare programs better understand and prepare for the interview process. Check our dates and events for upcoming workshops!
- Health program interview workshops
- Interview preparation questions and guides
- Tips for how to set up your web camera, microphone and other online interview necessities
If you are unable to attend one of the workshops, please review the three-part recording below. Please note that tips on how to research, present, and practice for the multi-mini interview remain consistent year-to-year; however, information regarding entrance requirements is subject to change
Part 1: Prepare
Learn more about why certain programs require interviews and what you can expect at NAIT.
Part 2: Presentation tips
Boost your confidence with key communication skills. Learn how to set up your room and video technology.
Part 3: Practice
Find out which types of questions you may be asked in a program interview. Includes example questions for practice!